The Clarinda Chamber of Commerce provides a number of opportunities for members to become involved in throughout the year. These activities range from special events to retail promotions to work on committees.
– Adopt-A-Class: Cooperative venture between the Clarinda Schools and Chamber businesses and industries. The program involves identifying businesses in Clarinda and surrounding areas to adopt one class and for those businesses to follow students through completion of the school year.
– Ambassadors: A group of chamber members welcomes new businesses or staff to the community, celebrates business anniversaries, tours expansion projects and new facilities. The group also handles ribbon cuttings and attends grand openings, open houses, etc.
– Southwest Iowa Band Jamboree: Clarinda’s longest run event is co-sponsored by the Clarinda Chamber of Commerce, Clarinda Community Schools and the City of Clarinda. Every year it draws over fifty High School and Middle School bands from Iowa, Missouri and Nebraska which are judged in both parade & field marching in the daylong competition.
– Clarinda Craft & Vendor Marketplace: Annual event that features all types of vendor and craft items at Wibholm Hall -Page County Fairgrounds.
– Business Development: This committee works to identify and assess business development opportunities, to recommend business development projects to the city and to conduct research and provide input on business development programs.
– Community Beautification: Promotes projects that result in a beautiful, safe, well-maintained community that is inviting and is attractive to visitors, new & current residents and businesses. Committee members volunteer and they plant and water the downtown planters and landscaped areas of the city.
– Clarinda Craft Carnival: This annual event is one of the largest in the state of Iowa. This craft show draws 200 craft exhibitors from Nebraska, Missouri, Minnesota and all parts of Iowa. More than 480 craft booths are registered to fill the Page County Fairgrounds, the Clarinda Pavilion, Clarinda Lied Center Gymnasium and the Clarinda Academy Activity Building.
– Cruzin’ Clarinda: Classic cars of all shape, size and color will invade the downtown square in Clarinda for this annual event. Cruzin’ Clarinda takes place on Saturday as a way to showcase classic cars. The two-part event begins with a show & shine from 1-4 p.m., followed by a parade at 6 p.m.
– Downtown Revitalization: Make our downtown area thrive, to bring the community together and to promote our local businesses.
– Golf Tournament: This event brings the fun of golf and networking together in one outstanding tournament with great prizes. Registration is available as a team. This is one of the Chamber’s best sponsorship opportunities for businesses.
– Lighted Christmas Parade: The Lighted Christmas Parade became a community tradition in 1993, two years after the Dec. 11, 1991 fire at the Page County Courthouse in Clarinda. The emphasis of the event has remained on thanking the area fire departments that helped successfully battle that blaze, so fire trucks are given a place of honor following the color guard unit. The Christmas parade is co-sponsored by the Clarinda Chamber of Commerce and the Clarinda Kiwanis Club. Each year, a different theme is given so participants can show their imagination and do different things with their floats. After the parade children are able to visit Santa Claus at the Santa House located on the lawn of Page County Courthouse.
– Tourism: Promotes and encourage tourism in Clarinda through projects, initiatives and/or events that are likely to generate visitors to our area.
Community & Retail Promotions
This committee sponsor events and campaigns that encourage shoppers to spend their dollars throughout the community in an effort to grow local businesses.
(Additional $100 annual dues for advertising)
Back to School Bash
Clarinda A’s Sponsored Night
Christmas Tour of Homes